English as a Second Language
If you are a non-native speaker of English, the Center for Business Communication can help you with speaking and writing North American English and understanding U.S. cultures. We will work with you on a project-by-project basis, or you may wish to make a standing appointment for the ongoing development of your communication skills.
Come to the CBC for assistance in:
- Practicing conversational English
- Improving your pronunciation of spoken English
- Learning North American business vocabulary
- Expanding your ability to write in English
- Understanding North American conventions of public speaking
- Preparing to teach in U.S. colleges and universities
The Center for Business Communication’s ESL services are intended for clients who already have a working knowledge of English and are especially interested in workplace communication. Those who need more intensive language instruction should contact English Programs for Internationals at the University of South Carolina.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and please tell us about the project you're working on and what times are best for you to meet.
You can also give us a call at 803.777.5904.
We're located in Room 150 next to the computer lab.
Find us on Facebook