Business Measurement & Assurance Track
The Business Measurement and Assurance Track is a 30 credit hour program and provides students with the advanced knowledge and skills necessary for entry-level positions in the areas of auditing, assurance services, and financial reporting.
Required Courses for the Business Measurement and Assurance Track
Four required courses (12 hours) including:
- ACCT 732 Auditing II
- ACCT 734 Accounting Research & Communication
- ACCT 736 Information Technology Assurance, Control, and Security
- ACCT 737 Accounting Systems II
Six Additional Courses (18 hours) including each of the follow 500-level courses not already taken:
- ACCT 501 Financial Accounting III (Advanced Accounting, including business combinations & consolidated financial reporting)
- ACCT 502 Cost/Managerial Accounting II
- ACCT 503 Tax II (Taxation of Corporations, Partnerships, Estates & Trusts)
- ACCT 504 Legal Issues for Accountants (Not equivalent to ACCT 324)
- ACCT 505 Government and Nonprofit Accounting
Students who hve taken courses that cover the concepts in these 500-level courses will replace them with electives.
Students will also take approved elective course(s) to complete the required 30 credit hours. At least one of these courses must be a 700-level course.
Accounting course descriptions can be found on the Accounting Courses page. Click on the course title to view a sample syllabus.
Students also must successfully pass a self-administered, simulated professional accounting examination similar to the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam.