MHR Advisory Board
Students have the opportunity to interact with the Riegel and Emory Human Resources Advisory Board, which consists of top executives in the field of human resources management, government and labor. This group meets twice a year to provide input on curriculum, employment opportunities and course content.
In support of the Darla Moore School of Business and its students, board members regularly:
- Hire graduates of the MHR program and other programs from the Moore School
- Hire interns
- Provide financial support for research activities, scholarships and/or administrative uses
- Provide advice on research programs
- Participate in Advisory Board sessions
- Assist in recruiting potential students
- Collaborate on research projects of mutual interest
- Engage in creative thinking about the future of human resources to help align the curriculum and research initiatives with the needs of the profession
"I have been working with the University of South Carolina's Master of Human Resource program for over a decade. I have a huge level of respect for the curriculum, dedication of the staff, and the capabilities of the students recruited into the program. Part of the success of the MHR program also goes to the strong connection that has been developed with corporate human resource leaders. Through the MHR Advisory Board, the program constantly strives to maintain one of the most progressive, relevant and effective curriculums in the country. The results of their efforts are providing graduate students who are extremely well prepared to enter the workforce." - Marc Chini, Vice President of Human Resources, GE Corporate
The following companies and organizations are represented on the advisory board:
Apex Tool Group, LLC
Bouknight Advisory Services, LLC
Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
Caldwell Partners International
DHL Supply Chain
Fisher & Phillips, LLP
Frost HR Consulting
General Information Services, Inc.
Lockton Companies, LLC
Michelin North America
Shell Oil Company
Southeastern Freight Lines, Inc.
Tempur-Pedic International, Inc.