Mannheim Masters in Management
Mannheim Masters in Management
A student who participates in this unique opportunity will graduate with a MIB degree from the Moore School and a Mannheim Master in Management (MMM). The Moore School will be offering the double degree for up to five individuals who are admitted to the MIB. Candidates for the double degree will be evaluated based on the strength of their application and supporting documents, GMAT scores and indications they are culturally, academically and personally motivated to participate in the program. German proficiency is not a requirement, as courses taught at Mannheim can be taken in English. For those who wish to gain a preliminary foundation in German, language courses will be offered prior to the start of Mannheim MMM classes.
The length of study for the double degree is two years, and students may not deviate from the program structure in any way. The two years are
split into four semesters, beginning in fall 2011. The program structure is as follows:
Semester I, Fall: MMM coursework at Mannheim
Semester II, Spring: MIB coursework at the Moore School
Semester III, Fall: MIB coursework at the Moore School
Semester IV, Spring: MMM coursework at Mannheim
Upon successful completion of Semester III, a double degree student will graduate with the MIB in December at the Moore School. Upon
successful completion of Semester IV, a double degree student will graduate with the MMM degree at Mannheim.
Double degree students will join the current MMM students at Mannheim in the first and fourth semesters, and MIB students at the Moore School in both Spring and Fall semesters. This provides an excellent opportunity to expand one's business networks globally.
During their studies at Mannheim, double degree students will complete the following coursework:
- MMM core curriculum (5 mandatory core courses): Decision Analysis, Applied Econometrics or Empirical Methods, Corporate Social Responsibility, Business Economics I and Business Economics II
- Business Administration Electives, including prerequisites for the final master's thesis
- Master's Thesis
At the Moore School, double degree students must complete the following coursework:
- Core curriculum (15 credit hours - 5 courses): Nation States, Regional Networks and Global Markets; Comparative Institutional Systems, Introduction to International Relations; Sustaining the Global Enterprise; International Business Negotiations
- Two International Business Graduate Electives (6 credit hours)
- Two International Studies/Comparative Politics Electives (6 credit hours)
- One Foreign Policy Regional Specialization Elective (3 credit hours)
For those interested in participating in the double degree, please make sure to check the appropriate box on your online application. If you are applying directly to the Moore School, no application is needed for Mannheim. We need to receive your online application and supporting
documents/test scores, prior to June 1 in order to be considered for the double degree. For those students who have already applied/been
accepted to the MIB program, please contact us immediately if you are interested in the double degree.
Please direct any questions regarding the double degree to:
Managing Director, MIB program