South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (SCACPA) Scholarships
Applications are being accepted for the SCACPA Educational Fund, Inc. Scholarship for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Qualified applications should:
- Be a South Carolina resident;
- Be a rising junior or senior majoring in accounting (or Master's Degree student) at a South Carolina college or university;
- Hold a GPA of no less than 3.25 overall (on a 4.0 scale); and,
- Hold a GPA in accounting no less than 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
In addition to the application, students must provide:
- their college transcripts;
- a list of scholarships, awards, and/or grants with amounts for this academic year;
- two letters of reference (preferably professional) in a sealed envelope;
- essay on personal career goals (250 words or less);
- and a certification letter from the Head/Chair of the Accounting School where you are an accounting major stating that you are a rising junior, senior, or graduate student.
Applications must be received complete with attachments and postmarked by June 1, 2014.
William F. Putnam Scholarship
William F. Putnam Scholarships are available to students who have completed ACCT 225 as of May 9, 2014, but have not yet started ACCT 401 and who meet the minimum requirements below:
- The applicant must have completed ACCT 225 - Introduction to Financial Accounting, but not yet started ACCT 401 - Financial Accounting I.
- The applicant must be a full-time student who is an accounting major and must remain an accounting major.
- The applicant must have and maintain a 3.5 GPA overall.
Applications for the Putnam Scholarships must be postmarked by May 31, 2014. Click here for an application!