William F. Putnam Scholarships
William F. Putnam scholarships are available to students who have completed ACCT 225 as of December 13, 2014, but not yet started ACCT 401 and who meet the minimum requirements below:
- The student must be a full-time student who is an accounting major and must remain an accounting major.
- The student must have and maintain a 3.5 GPA overall.
The applications for these scholarships must be postmarked by January 23, 2015
If you have questions about the scholarships, please contact Cynthia Parker at 803-777-0170.
Institute of Management Accountants Undergraduate Scholarship
Applications are being accepted for the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) Undergraduate Scholarship! Applicants should:
- be a full-time accounting junior or senior; and,
- have an overall GPA of at least 3.0.
Additionally, they will need to include a copy of their transcript (unofficial is acceptable) and be available to attend the IMA student night on February 18, 2015.
Return the scholarship application to Natalia Scott by 5:00 pm on February 6, 2015. If you have questions you can contact Professor Scott at 803-777-2686 or Natalia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
J.T. Brittingham, Sr. Scholars/Accounting Fellows
Sponsored by the Brittingham Group, LLP, applications are now being accepted for the J.T. Brittingham, Sr., Scholars/Accounting Fellows. Applicants for a Brittingham scholarship or fellowship should:
- Be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate accounting degree
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have expressed an interest and commitment to a career in public accounting
- Have expressed an interest in establishing a career with a local or regional firm
- Have expressed an interest in long-term residency in the State of South Carolina
- Have demonstrated engagement in extra-curricular activities and commitment to community service
- Possess and demonstrate characteristics including but not limited to:
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Special skills and talents
- Professional and financial needs
- Familiarity and connection to the Midlands of South Carolina (i.e., Lexington, Richland, Calhoun, Fairfield, Kershaw, Orangeburg, Saluda, and Sumter counties)
A completed application, along with a personal statement, should be postmarked by February 26, 2015. Personal interviews may be requested by the scholarship committee.